How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
As both men and women age, we eventually have to deal with dark circles under the eyes. This discoloration can be caused by a multitude of factors including; lifestyle, diet, and hereditary disposition. There are many at home remedies and solutions for this condition, some more effective than others. Although none of which are guaranteed, below are some simple steps you can take to treat, reduce, and even get rid of dark circles under your eyes.
- Get Plenty of Sleep: Dark Circles can easily be a symptom of exhaustion and stress. The typical busy life of staying up late, getting up early, and playing hard is very challenging for your body. To prevent this strain, try to get the necessary 7-9 hours of sleep per night and taking some time at least once a week to relax. This lifestyle change should reduce those dark circles in no time.
- Cucumber Slices: I know, pretty cliche, but believe it or not this is a very effective solution. Thin slices of cucumber applied to your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes will not only soothe and help lighten your skin but can also reduce puffiness. You can also do the same with raw potato.
- Tea Bags: Use green, black, white, or chamomile tea to reduce inflammation and swelling. The Tannin in the bag along with the caffeine within the tea will help diminish water trapped in the tissues around the eyes. It will also reduce discoloration. In addition, tea contains antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin. Just take a thoroughly squeezed out and cooled down a used tea bag and place it on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to be careful and not to get tea in your eyes.
- Water: Drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Dehydration can result in reduced circulation.
- Improve your Diet: A healthy diet is a great way to reduce and ward of dark circles. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to prevent vitamin deficiencies that tend to affect your skins health and appearance. Also reducing your salt intake will help because too much salt causes your body to retain water in undesirable areas.
- Natural Topical Treatments:
- Equal parts fresh potato and cucumber juice. Soak some cotton and place on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. Then wash your eyes with cold water.
- Equal parts lemon and tomato juice. Soak some cotton and place on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. Then wash your eyes with cold water.
- Apply a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
- Crush some mint and apply around your eyes.
- Before bed massage under your eyes with almond oil. Do this every day for 2 weeks to see improvement.
- A Quick Fix: If you are felling very self conscious about your dark circles, try using makeup to conceal them. Use a yellow or flesh toned concealer one that is two shades lighter than your foundation.