How to Buy the Right Hair Dryer
If you've ever gone shopping for the perfect Hair Dryer, then you know how overwhelming it can be with all the different shapes, sizes and technical words. It's not as complicated as it seems and with a few helpful hints you will be able to find the best hair dryer to meet your demands!
When choosing a hair dryer it is important to determine your hair type so you can purchase a dryer with enough power.
- Fine Hair : It will be best if you choose a dryer with at least 1600 watts. This should dry your hair in an acceptable amount of time.
- Thick or Curly Hair : Then look for a hair dryer with 1800 watts to 2000 watts.You will need the extra air flow to help speed up drying time.
A few must have features:
- Multiple Heat Settings : The more the merrier but 4-6 is pretty standard. This way you have the ability to use the proper amount of heat and air speed for your desired hairstyle and dampness.
- Cool Shot Button : This will help lock in your hair style as well as seal the hairs cuticle locking in moisture.
- Nozzle Attachments : Such as a diffuser (especially for curly hair), air concentrator, or hair piks. This helps you maximize your blow dryers effectiveness and capabilities.
An important feature is the material used in the heating element. Conventional dryers use the standard rope heater that only heats the perimeter of the air flow which leads to damaging heat spots and inconsistent temperatures. I recommend a blow dryer that utilizes tourmaline or ceramic technology.
- Tourmaline : Boosts the ionic power of the dryer, slashes drying time by up to 70% and reduces static. Also produces an increased emission of far-infrared heat and negative ions, thereby adding extra shine to your hair.
- Ceramic : Offers stable and even distribution of heat across the hair, eliminates damaging spots, and offers efficient heat retention. Ceramic hair dryers help to eliminate frizz by locking in hair's natural moisture and color.
Note: Some dryers even combine ceramic and tourmaline technologies for even faster drying time and increased benefits.
This produce negatively charged ions, ostensibly causing the cuticle to remain flat, "trapping" moisture, thus eliminating frizzy hair providing more body. Plus, they promise to dry hair faster than regular dryers and leave it shinier and smoother. Ionic dryers also reduce static electricity that results in a flyaway mess of hair.
A few helpful buying hints to consider before selecting a new dryer:
- You generally get exactly what you pay for.
- There are no such things as "the best" blow dryers. The reality is that what is best for one person may be the worst for another.
- Blow dryer models should be selected to match the best fit for your hair type, texture, styling needs and lifestyle.
- Do your research before you buy.
- Prices on blow dryer models have fallen over the years allowing consumers to select more than one dryer for different needs.